Suffering joint or muscle pain can take a toll on your quality of life. You shouldn’t have to “power through” and take a bunch of over-the-counter drugs in hopes that it goes away. At Naples Community Injury Center, we take a holistic approach that involves getting to the root of the problem and crafting a treatment plan that addresses your unique circumstances.
We offer Estero physiotherapy treatments meant to reduce your pain, strengthen your muscles, and prevent re-injury. Call Naples Community Injury Center today at (239) 631-5445 to set up an appointment. We can go over your options and start your treatment plan as soon as possible.
We Offer Various Physiotherapy Treatments to Our Estero Patients
Physiotherapy can benefit patients suffering from a wide range of injuries. Based on your condition, your physician may prescribe one or more of the following treatments:
Massage therapy is an ancient healing process with a plethora of benefits, such as:
- Relieving tension in the muscles
- Improving blood flow
- Creating space between joints
- Healing scar tissue
- Improving flexibility and range of motion
Be communicative with your massage therapist. If you don’t want them touching a certain area (or if they exert too much pressure), let them know. We want you to feel comfortable and heard during your treatment.
Electrical Stimulation (E-STIM)
If you need treatment for a wound, E-STIM could be for you. Your physician will place electrodes around your wound and use a machine to send small electric pulses through your skin to help alleviate pain. This is a non-invasive, painless procedure.
Whether you’re suffering from back pain, osteoporosis, or arthritis, strength training can be just what you need. Building muscle and increasing flexibility can combat further pain and injury. However, only do the exercises your physician prescribes and shows you how to do. Otherwise, you risk doing too much and worsening your condition.
If you suffered a stroke, you might have lost mobility in your legs. Our physicians can add gait training into your treatment regimen, as it can help you:
- Build muscle
- Improve balance
- Decrease pain
- Walk again
Not only does walking again help regain your independence, but it can also help you fight off potential diseases. Also, since gait training is executed in smaller increments, you won’t have to worry about overexerting yourself and causing more damage. Your physician can find a pace that works for you.
Muscle Energy Techniques (MET)
If you have a hard time with endurance or recovering from surgery, your physician might recommend MET. This treatment is usually broken up into these stages:
- Your physician will place the injured area in a certain position.
- While holding that area, they’ll have you a contract that muscle for a certain period.
- You relax.
- Using passive movement, the physician will stretch the area to get a better idea of your full range of motion.
- The physician repeats the process.
Physiotherapy for Special Conditions
We sometimes have patients who have neurological issues. That is, they have suffered an injury to the brain, spinal cord, and/or peripheral nerves. As a result, they may have difficulty walking or cannot walk at all. To help you regain this ability, we could incorporate the following techniques:
- Weight-supported treadmill training: You can relearn how to walk by using a harness that takes a portion of the weight off your legs.
- Constraint-induced movement therapy (CIMT): By practicing repetitive motions, you can build muscle in the injured limb.
If you’re a cardiology patient, you may also find physiotherapy helpful, especially if you experience shortness of breath, persistent coughing, or restricted mobility. One of our physicians can teach you breathing exercises to help you feel stronger and more independent.
We Can Include Chiropractic Care in Your Estero Treatment Regimen
At Naples Community Injury Center, we want to use all of our resources to ensure you heal from your injury as much as possible. In doing so, we may include chiropractic care into your routine. It usually comes in two forms:
- Spinal manipulation: Using their hands or a tool, the chiropractor will exert force through thrusts to realign your vertebra.
- Reflexology: The therapist will touch pressure points in the hands, feet, and/or ears to alleviate pain throughout the body. According to Healthline, this practice suggests that all parts of the body are connected. Some of the reported benefits include better moods, pain relief, and an overall increase in well-being.
According to the Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, the best available evidence suggests that chiropractic care improves conditions, like headaches and neck pain. You can talk to our physicians to see if this treatment would work for you.
Frequently Asked Questions About Estero Physiotherapy
Over the years, we’ve received all kinds of questions about the treatments we provide at Naples Community Injury Center and what patients can expect from the process. To offer some clarity, we’ve put together a list of some of the questions potential patients and current patients most frequently ask us.
What Injuries Do You Treat?
We’ve had patients come to us with all kinds of injuries and conditions, including:
- Muscle sprains and strains
- Herniated or bulged discs
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Soft-tissue injuries, such as whiplash
If you suffered an injury that we haven’t included in this list, we still want to hear from you and explain how we could be of assistance.
What Is Maximum Medical Improvement?
When your physician deems that you cannot get any better and have made as much progress as possible, you have reached maximum medical improvement. At this point, you could go back to doing the activities you did prior to your injury. However, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t seek out physiotherapy for your current condition again. Instead, your physician might encourage you to come back every once in a while for maintenance purposes.
It’s important that you only stop treatment once your physician approves you for maximum medical improvement. If you halt without consulting your doctor, you could set back your recovery and put yourself at a greater risk of injury. If you think you’re well enough to stop treatment before the planned end date, talk to your physician to figure out the next steps.
Does Naples Community Injury Center Help Accident Injury Victims?
Yes. If you were hurt in a collision, workplace incident, or slip and fall, our team can treat your injuries. We understand that you may face unexpected costs at the moment. However, you might qualify to file a case against the at-fault party to cover your damages, including medical bills.
Yet, you must have evidence to prove that you deserve compensation. That’s where we can step in. Our team can provide our expert testimony to back up your claim. Other medical evidence you can use in your case may include:
- X-ray, MRI, and other diagnostic test results
- Documentation of your appointments with us
- An outline of your treatment plan
- Billing records
- A written record of your diagnosis
- Notes on your progress
- Your expected prognosis
Putting together a case can be difficult on your own, especially when you’re in pain. In that case, we can direct you to one of the law firms we work with to help you.
Our 60+ Years of Combined Experience Speaks for Itself
You don’t deserve to live in pain, especially when you have a team like the physicians at Naples Community Injury Center standing by. When you sign on with us, we will create a treatment plan that aims to heal your injuries. We understand that everyone is different, so we don’t use the same cookie-cutter approach for each patient.
Check out what some of our past patients had to say about our team:
- “Very professional and friendly staff who demonstrate genuine care and strive for effective and complete results. The therapists and chiropractors work well as a team and always communicated the course of care. I went for physical therapy, pre-and post-surgery, for a serious rotator cuff tear, and my time to full recovery was handled by NCIC efficiently and expertly. I highly recommend their services.” – Jody T.
- “Super professional and friendly staff. State-of-the-art technology for massages and chiropractic adjustments! Dr. Nieves explains the entire procedure to you and makes you feel safe at all times of the treatment! plus they also speak Spanish. 5-star service!” – Joel M.
Whatever you’re dealing with, we want to hear your story and see how we can help you rebuild your strength, get past your pain, and improve your overall quality of life.
Schedule Estero Physiotherapy Now
At Naples Community Injury Center, we can teach you and administer Estero physiotherapy techniques that aim to heal your condition. Start feeling better, and call us at (239) 631-5445.