Chiropractic adjustments do more than relieve your pain and increase mobility; they enhance your overall quality of life. Whether you suffered injuries from an accident or deal with a chronic condition, you have options. Naples Community Injury Center offers Estero chiropractic adjustments for those living in and around Lee County.
We utilize proven techniques backed by science and results. To learn more about scheduling an appointment with our team, call (239) 631-5445.
What Are Chiropractic Adjustments?
Chiropractic adjustments rely on various techniques that address ailments affecting your spine, muscles, and nerves. Your treatment plan may comprise:
Reflex therapy targets the body’s pressure points, promoting circulation and reducing discomfort. It’s also known to relieve other symptoms, including headaches and nausea.
When the spine suffers an injury, you could have problems walking and keeping your balance. Through spinal manipulation, our team aims to alleviate these symptoms. Here, we use our hands or a specialized tool to deliver thrusts to joints in the spine. During this procedure, we monitor your condition and do everything possible to minimize discomfort.
We May Suggest Lifestyle Changes While Undergoing Treatment
Receiving chiropractic adjustments from our team serving Estero doesn’t end when you leave our office. After examining your health profile, we may find that some lifestyle changes could promote your recovery period. These changes may involve:
- Dietary changes. If applicable, we may suggest limiting your caloric intake. The less weight that’s on your spine, the less pain you could feel.
- Limiting your physical activity. You can’t “walk off” a spinal injury. Your body needs time to heal, and you need time to adjust to any new limitations. Pushing your body too far could cause permanent damage.
- Relying on assistive devices. If you have problems with your mobility, we may recommend using an assistive device, like a wheelchair or motorized scooter. These devices allow you to accomplish day-to-day tasks without risking further injury.
- Refraining from alcohol use. Intoxication affects your motor skills, coordination, and cognitive processing. Here, you risk re-injury if you fall or otherwise hurt yourself.
- Quitting smoking. In a recent study, Cureus found that smoking increases the likelihood of serious back pain. It notes that smoking can harden the arteries that carry oxygen to different parts of the body, affecting how tissues heal themselves.
Our chiropractic doctors work with you to create a customized treatment plan that considers your mobility, health history, and quality of life. During our partnership, we make changes to your treatment plan as necessary, ensuring that you reach maximum medical improvement.
Chiropractic Adjustments Focus on Many Conditions
We help patients from all walks of life. We’re ready to start bettering your condition if you’re suffering from:
An Acute Injury
An acute injury can change your life in the blink of an eye. Yet, you don’t have to grin and bear any changes to your life. You can undergo a chiropractic adjustment from our team. We treat chronic back pain, whiplash, strains, and sprains.
True to the name, neuromuscular disorders affect your neuromuscular system. It controls how your muscles and nerves work together. Examples of neuromuscular disorders we treat include:
- Muscular dystrophy
- Spinal muscular atrophy
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
You might suspect that you have a neuromuscular disorder, but you’re not sure. In that instance, we can use diagnostic imaging scans to learn more about your condition. Then, we can craft your treatment plan.
Musculoskeletal conditions affect how your tissues, joints, and bones work together. There’s really no such thing as a “minor” musculoskeletal disorder, as each one can affect how you live, work, and play. Disorders that our chiropractic team serving Estero can treat include:
- Osteoarthritis. Mayo Clinic notes that osteoarthritis happens when the joints between the bones wear down. It commonly affects the spine, hips, knees, hands, and wrists.
- Inflammatory arthritis. These conditions can include rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis.
- Chronic lower back pain. Chronic lower back pain is more than an unpleasant twinge you feel every so often. It’s increasing back pain that lasts at least three months.
It’s okay if you don’t see your condition outlined above. We treat injuries and conditions not listed here.
We Offer the Information Necessary to Supplement Your Injury Claim
Many patients come to us after suffering injuries from negligence-related incidents, such as traffic accidents. In those situations, you may want to file a personal injury claim to seek damages. Recovering compensation could cover the funds you need to afford medical care and account for other expenses. Yet, you need evidence.
That’s where our team comes in. We can send your imaging scan results, lab test outcomes, and other supporting information to the liable insurer. If necessary, your doctor can offer a written statement that provides further insight into your condition. We do everything possible to help you rebuild your life.
What Can You Expect From Your First Appointment?
During your first appointment, you have the opportunity to meet our team and tour our facility. Then, we ask about your health history. Don’t skimp on the details or feel embarrassed about any pre-existing health conditions, as this information allows us to curate your treatment plan.
From there, we may order imaging scans (such as x-rays and MRIs) to evaluate your condition further. Our findings serve as the basis of your treatment plan and what you can expect from partnering with our team.
Frequently Asked Questions About Estero Chiropractic Adjustments
It’s understandable to have questions about receiving treatment at our care center. Some of those questions may comprise:
How Long Does It Take to Recover From My Condition?
How long it takes to recover from your condition primarily depends on one thing: your condition. With chiropractic adjustments, you could return to your daily activities within a few weeks. It may take longer, depending on your body’s response to treatment.
We do everything possible to reduce your pain and better your quality of life. We constantly monitor your progress and alter your treatment plan as needed to reach your goals. If fully recovering from your condition isn’t possible, we offer the skills needed to help you adjust.
Does Our Team Prescribe Medications?
Some doctors’ offices rely on prescribing heavy-duty painkillers to address patients’ issues. Yet, we know with these drugs comes the risk of addiction and unpleasant side effects. While we may prescribe medications as needed, they’re not the core of your treatment plan. We rely on proven chiropractic techniques that aim to promote your body’s healing process.
Does Our Team Serving Estero Have Doctors on Staff?
Our healthcare team comprises chiropractic doctors and a medical doctor. Together, we have more than 60 years of combined experience. We have the knowledge and insight to meet your needs.
Does Chiropractic Adjustment Hurt?
For many patients, chiropractic adjustments are painless. You might hear some popping or cracking while undergoing treatment, but that’s normal. You may also feel slightly sore afterward, but again, that’s nothing that should interfere with your daily life. We do everything possible to minimize your discomfort. That way, you can totally focus on healing.
How Long Does a Chiropractic Adjustment Last?
Generally, our chiropractic adjustments take less than an hour. Your introductory visit may take a bit longer, as we use this visit to diagnose your condition and conduct a physical examination.
How Do I Prepare for a Chiropractic Adjustment?
When you schedule your appointment, we will explain how to prepare for your visit. We may recommend:
- Wearing loose-fitting clothing
- Eating a protein-filled snack before your appointment
- Taking note of any new symptoms (like increased pain)
- Drinking water to stay hydrated
- Taking a short walk (if possible) to stretch your muscles
What Do Previous Patients Share About Naples Community Injury Center?
Throughout the years, our team has treated countless patients––some of whom felt compelled to share their positive experiences with others. Some shared:
- “My therapist Jennifer is always upbeat and ready to move patients from tables, chairs, stimulation, and therapy. Extremely impressed with the staff. Dr Nieves is awesome. He has a great personality and easy ways makes you relaxed. His adjustments are always spot on. I highly recommend Naples community injury center.” ––Joe O.
- “The team at NCIC were very friendly and professional, the environment was clean and the care my daughter and I received after our major accident was traumatic mentally and physically, NCIC were comforting and helped us heal and get through to a quick recovery.” ––Tara F.
- “Very professional and friendly staff who demonstrate genuine care and strive for effective and complete results. The therapists and chiropractors work well as a team and always communicated the course of care…and my time to full recovery was handled by NCIC efficiently and expertly.” ––Jody T.
Schedule Your First Appointment With Naples Community Injury Center
If you’re looking for chiropractic adjustment in Estero, look no further. Our team stands ready to schedule your appointment and implement your tailor-made treatment plan. To learn more, call (239) 631-5445. During our conversation, we encourage you to ask any questions you have on your mind.