Fascia is the stretchy tissue woven throughout your body. It connects bones, muscles, tendons, veins, arteries, and internal organs together and provides structural support. When the fascia is too rigid, you may experience stiffness, tightness, loss of motion, and pain. Myofascial release therapy is a type of therapy aimed at releasing tension from the muscles and connective tissue.
The doctors at Naples Community Injury Center provide myofascial release treatments and other services that increase flexibility and movement, helping you feel your best. To learn more about all of our services, call us today at (239) 631-5445.
Table of Contents
Naples Chiropractic Treatment for Myofascial Pain
Myofascial release is a hands-on technique for reducing myofascial pain and stiffness. Our chiropractors apply gentle pressure to certain areas of the body to target areas where fascial tissue is constricted. They use a combination of stretching and pressure to gently elongate the tissue and provide relief.
Because each person’s body is different, the specific technique for stretching myofascial tissue varies from individual to individual. Our doctors take the time to get to know you and your needs. Where are you experiencing the most pain and stiffness? In what areas of the body do you notice tension and reduced mobility? Once we fully understand your needs, we will begin a treatment strategy designed to provide the maximum relief possible.
Myofascial Stiffness Can Cause Significant Pain and Discomfort
Myofascial pain can significantly disrupt your life. You may struggle to focus on your work because of the pain, struggle to complete physical tasks such as household chores, or even be unable to play with your children.
For many people, myofascial pain makes it feel as if their body is in a vice. They experience aching, stiff muscles, and soreness all over their bodies. Myofascial pain sufferers may notice small knots in their muscles that are painful to the touch.
Weakness, reduced range of motion, fatigue, and headaches are also symptoms of myofascial stiffness. Unsurprisingly, there are also many psychological symptoms associated with myofascial stiffness and pain. People who are unable to move about freely may experience anxiety, depression, and agitation.
Causes of Myofascial Tension
The fascia tissue is meant to be stretchy and flexible. However, certain medical problems and conditions can cause it to tighten and stiffen. Myofascial tension is sometimes caused by a muscle injury such as a sports injury, slip and fall, or work injury. Repetitive motions like typing, lifting heavy objects, or twisting can also lead to myofascial pain. Something as simple as having poor posture or not sitting up straight at a desk can cause myofascial tension.
Cleveland Clinic explains that myofascial pain can also be caused by lack of movement, long-term exposure to cold environments, pinched nerves, vitamin deficiencies, and diabetes-related neuropathy.
Whatever the cause, myofascial pain can have a major impact on your life, so it’s important to address the problem as soon as you notice it.
Benefits of Naples Chiropractic Therapy for Myofascial Pain
Myofascial release is a type of chiropractic treatment that stretches and relaxes fascia tissue. The many benefits of myofascial release chiropractic treatment include the following:
- Pain relief: Myofascial tension is not just uncomfortable; it is very painful. It can feel like your muscles are bruised or that your body has been wound tightly like a rubber band. Myofascial release can alleviate the pain associated with this problem. The treatment may also mitigate headaches, back pain, neck pain, and other secondary symptoms.
- Increased mobility: Myofascial pain can prevent you from leading the life you want to live. It may have stopped you from enjoying hobbies, spending time with your loved ones, participating in activities you love, or completing important responsibilities at home or work. One of the greatest benefits of myofascial release chiropractic treatment is improved mobility. Many patients find that they can move their bodies with greater ease and comfort after receiving treatment.
- Increased flexibility: Chiropractic therapy for myofascial pain can increase your flexibility, making it easier to stretch and reach. This can have many significant benefits on your ability to work and perform personal responsibilities.
- Improved circulation: Blood circulating the body transports oxygen to muscles and tissue. When myofascial tension and stiffness are present, blood may not be able to circulate as well as it should. Naples chiropractic therapy for myofascial pain can facilitate better circulation, speeding up the healing process after an injury or illness.
- Reduced stress: When your body is tightly wound because of myofascial stiffness, it can have a major psychological effect on you. When our bodies are tense, it can exacerbate stress and anxiety. Patients often discover that myofascial release treatment reduces their physical tension as well as their psychological tension and stress.
- Naples MFR therapy is drug-free: Many people choose chiropractic treatment so they can avoid taking prescription medication for their pain and stiffness. The risks associated with taking prescription pain medication long term are well understood. If you are interested in a non-invasive, drug-free approach to your pain, consider myofascial release treatment.
Naples Myofascial Release Chiropractic Treatment Doctors Helping You Feel Great
At Naples Community Injury Center, we take a holistic approach to wellness. Our doctors have over six decades of collective experience treating patients suffering from a range of musculoskeletal problems. We provide chiropractic treatment, physical therapy, and other services to help you live your best life.
Patient satisfaction and comfort are our top priorities at Naples Community Injury Center. From the moment you contact us and set up an initial consultation, you’ll be treated with compassion, respect, and personalized attention.
Our Patients Love Our Personalized Approach to Chiropractic Care
If you read through some of the reviews on our testimonials page, you’ll notice that patients consistently note the great customer service they experienced. Our staff is friendly, engaged, empathetic, and professional.
Each patient is given customized care based on their unique physiology and medical needs. We’ve seen the dramatic improvement chiropractic treatment can have in the lives of our patients. It’s why we do what we do.
Set Up an Appointment to Learn More About Naples Myofascial Release Chiropractic Treatment
If you suffer from pain, stiffness, muscle tension, and reduced mobility, myofascial release chiropractic treatment may provide the relief you’re looking for. Set up an appointment with our team to learn more about the benefits of myofascial release treatment and our other services.
Call us today at (239) 631-5445. We look forward to speaking with you.