Don’t let anyone write off your whiplash injury as minor. As BMC Public Health reports, without proper aftercare, this condition can last years, resulting in chronic pain and even nerve damage. In the aftermath of a fall, collision, or another incident, you have options with Naples Community Injury Center.
Our team comprises healthcare professionals who have decades of combined experience. With Marco Island whiplash treatment, you could take back control of your life and move on. To learn more about scheduling an appointment, call (239) 631-5445.
We Offer Customized Marco Island Whiplash Treatment Plans
When you visit our office with a whiplash injury, we first assess your condition by conducting a physical examination and perhaps ordering imaging scans. By understanding the cause, severity, and nature of your whiplash, we can curate your treatment regimen and make alterations as needed.
You could benefit from:
Our chiropractors have served patients in Southwest Florida for over 20 years. When undergoing chiropractic care, you lay down on a specialized table or sit upright. Then, using controlled force, your physician aims to realign the bones in your neck and alleviate the pain you feel. You may have to undergo these treatments for weeks before you reach maximum medical improvement.
Also known as physiotherapy, physical therapy addresses your condition through:
- Gentle stretches. By stretching the muscles in your neck, you could build strength and increase your range of motion.
- Massages. Massages aren’t just for spas and resorts; they can also promote circulation and encourage the body to heal.
- Occupational therapy. With occupational therapy, we guide you through some basic tasks that keep your mind occupied while your body heals.
We have the equipment on-site needed to address your condition. When you come to our office, you don’t have to bring anything.
Electrical Stimulation Therapy
Also called “ESTIM,” this treatment delivers painless magnetic signals into the affected tissue. This therapy aims to improve circulation, decrease discomfort, and break down scar tissue.
Pain Management Techniques
Our team understands that pain, swelling, and discomfort may prevent you from going about your day-to-day life. Throughout our partnership, we may prescribe anti-inflammatory, pain relief, and other medications to address your symptoms. We don’t solely rely on medications to better your condition. We combine these drugs with physical therapy and chiropractic care.
After evaluating your health profile, we may recommend one or more of the following lifestyle changes:
- Losing weight. Having less weight on your neck and shoulders could reduce the symptoms you experience.
- Using a neck brace. This device immobilizes your neck and allows the body to heal itself.
- Limiting your alcohol intake. Drinking too much alcohol can increase your pain levels and prevent your body from healing properly.
- Quitting smoking. Smoking or vaping limits how much oxygen gets to the body’s red blood cells. This can prolong your body’s natural healing process.
Our Team Serving Marco Island Address the Symptoms of Whiplash
Mayo Clinic notes that the common symptoms of whiplash include:
- Problems sleeping (which can lead to fatigue)
- Stiffness in the neck
- Being unable to nod or shake your head
- Dizziness and loss of coordination
- Pain that spreads from the neck down to your arms
- Neck pain or numbness
If you suffered severe whiplash, you may also experience:
- Memory issues
- Blurred vision
- Ringing in your ears
- Depression and anxiety
You don’t have to struggle with these symptoms any longer. Instead, you can schedule an appointment with our team serving Marco Island. You could start receiving treatment at your earliest convenience.
We Help You Avoid Recurrences of Whiplash in the Future
Rear-end collisions are the most common cause of whiplash. The force of impact in these collisions can overextend the muscles in your neck, leading to the symptoms listed above. So, to help you avoid suffering whiplash again, we may advise you on how to be a safer driver. We have resources at our disposal that could promote your health.
Additionally, once you suffer whiplash, the chances of suffering it again increase. To prevent the risk of reinjury, we may:
- Ask that you periodically come in and undergo treatment
- Demonstrate some postures that could reduce the strain on your neck
- Recommend that you change jobs (if you work a physically demanding job, for instance)
- Recommend that you wear a seat belt while in the car
We may also suggest wearing footwear that better supports your legs and spinal cord. This could put less pressure on your neck and allow your body to heal.
How Long Does It Take to Recover From Whiplash?
Our physicians serving Marco Island hope to help you heal as soon as possible. However, the length of your recovery period depends on many factors, including the nature of your condition, your age, and whether you have any pre-existing health conditions.
One thing’s for certain: your recovery never stalls when we render treatment. We constantly monitor your progress and alter your treatment plan as needed. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible.
What Do Our Patients Say About Our Marco Island Whiplash Physicians?
We know how frightening it can feel to suffer whiplash. That’s why we offer compassionate, wholehearted care to each patient who visits our facility. Some have shared:
- “This office is hands down one of the best chiropractic offices here in SWFL! No matter the time or day I am always greeted with a welcoming smile and open arms.” ––A.M.
- “Always welcoming, caring and professional. It is frightening being injured in an accident. Everyone made my Grandson and myself feel like we were their only patients and how important our care was.” ––M.A.M.
- “I can’t say enough about the care I have been receiving at NCIC. From the first moment I walked in the door I was treated like I was the most important person.” ––A.B.
Schedule Your First Visit With Naples Community Injury Center
Are you looking for whiplash treatment in Marco Island? Our team stands ready to schedule your first appointment and help you recover. To connect with our team, call (239) 631-5445.