Living with recurrent vertigo is a disruptive, disabling ordeal that makes daily life stressful. You may experience an abrupt onset of dizzy spells, creating the false sensation that the room is violently spinning – even when you’re completely still. Thankfully, you have options for addressing the disorder and its effects.
Naples Community Injury Center offers non-invasive, drug-free solutions to relieve your vertigo symptoms so you can live free from dizziness and other symptoms. We create a personalized treatment plan that is designed to reduce the frequency and intensity of your vertigo episodes.
We offer vertigo treatment to patients living in and around Marco Island. Start the journey to wellness and call (239) 631-5445.
Table of Contents
What Is Vertigo?
Vertigo is a specific symptom characterized by a sensation of spinning dizziness. It can cause confusion resulting in a loss of balance and spatial orientation. Vertigo episodes can vary in intensity, ranging from mild to severe, and they often come on suddenly. This sensation occurs when there’s a problem with the inner ear’s vestibular system, which normally communicates information about the head and body positioning to the brain.
The vestibular system consists of semicircular canals equipped with nerve sensors that detect head rotation and angular momentum. Vertigo happens when the fluid or crystals inside these canals shift abnormally, or when there are communication issues in the nerve signals. As a result, the brain mistakenly interprets this as a spinning motion, leading to the sensation of vertigo.
Our Marco Island Physicians Get to the Root of Your Vertigo
When you come to our Marco Island facility for medical care, we don’t immediately launch into a one-size-fits-all treatment plan; we learn the cause of your vertigo, then implement a strategy that meets your needs. Your physician may evaluate your condition by:
- Conducting a physical examination. We may look inside your inner ear for abnormalities that could lead to dizzy spells and other sensations.
- Ordering imaging scans. MRIs and CT scans could reveal an underlying health condition that’s causing you to suffer vertigo. For instance, you may have suffered a head injury months ago, only to deal with the symptoms now.
- Running other specialized tests. Metabolic disorders and even some infections can cause issues with coordination and balance.
We may also consider your medical history and other treatments you’ve tried when determining what methods could better your health.
Chiropractic Treatment Options Could Better Your Quality of Life
When many people imagine going to the chiropractor, they picture receiving treatment that focuses solely on the back and spine. Yet, that’s not true. Chiropractic medicine combined with other evidence-based treatments can alleviate the symptoms of vertigo––or even rid you of the condition altogether.
Based on your health profile and condition’s severity, we may recommend:
- Oculomotor therapy: Targeted eye movement exercises can alleviate chronic vertigo by resolving sensory mismatch.
- Physical therapy: Specialized drills improve balance, stability, and gait while desensitizing vertigo triggers over time.
- Vestibular therapy: Customized exercises challenge balance and recalibrate positional signaling, rebuilding eye-head coordination and sensory integration.
We May Recommend Various Lifestyle Changes Alongside Your Treatment Plan
Combating the symptoms of vertigo isn’t a one-and-done deal. It requires monitoring your health and making changes to your treatment regimen if necessary. It also involves making some lifestyle changes which, based on your situation, could include:
- Stress reduction: Techniques like meditation and counseling alleviate stress, which can exacerbate dizziness. Yoga and journaling could also better your mental health.
- Nutritional support: Diets rich in neuron-protective vitamins and omega fatty acids aid nerve health. Limiting your caloric intake could also reduce symptoms of high blood pressure, which can cause dizziness and a loss of coordination.
- Postural habits: Chiropractor-recommended adjustments can improve your posture and alleviate nerve compression.
- Gradual conditioning: We may recommend some light exercises that gradually increase over time. This can build muscle strength and combat underlying causes of vertigo.
A holistic approach combines chiropractic care and lifestyle adjustments for optimal recovery. To learn more about a possible treatment plan (or to schedule an appointment), call our team today at (239) 631-5445.
What You Can Expect From Our Marco Island Healthcare Staff
When you come to our healthcare facility at one of our three locations in Estero, Marco Island, or Naples, you can expect to receive treatment that puts your needs first. We start by taking a comprehensive look at your health profile, goals, and condition’s symptoms. We also take the time to listen to your story and establish the foundation of a patient/provider relationship.
From there, you’ll undergo treatment that’s tailored to your needs. Along the way, we make periodic changes to your regimen as needed, ensuring you’re always working toward maximum medical improvement. How long it takes to get results depends on many factors. Yet, with Naples Community Injury Center, you can rest assured that with each visit, you’re one step closer to regaining control over your life.
Testimonials From Satisfied Southwest Florida Clients
Over the years, many patients have shared five-star reviews about our quality of service. These comments include:
- “I can’t say enough positive things about this place. Dr. Nieves is great I was worried being pregnant and having chiropractic services done but he was very knowledgeable and made me feel at ease knowing I was in good hands. The entire staff is wonderful and very personable. I highly recommend this office.” ––K.H.
- “Super professional and friendly staff. State-of-the-art technology for massages and chiropractic adjustments! Dr Nieves explains the entire procedure to you and makes you feel safe at all times of the treatment! plus they also speak Spanish. 5 star service!” ––J.L.
Get Vertigo Treatment on Marco Island, Florida
If you or someone you love suffers from sudden, debilitating vertigo attacks that disrupt work, family life, and happiness, our Marco Island team can help.
We assess the root drivers of vertigo and offer research-backed pathways to reduce recurrence naturally – without relying on extensive medications. Naples Community Injury Center is accepting new patients on Marco Island. Call our team at (239) 631-5445 to get started.