Whether you sustained whiplash in a car accident or suffer daily from arthritis pain, chiropractic care can offer you a chance at a better, pain-free life—all without surgery or medication.
Our team would love to help you go over your Marco Island neck injury treatment options. Make your first appointment today by calling our office at (239) 631-5445.
Our Neck Injury Treatments
Naples Community Injury Center is proud to provide Marco Island patients with both chiropractic care and physiotherapy. Our offerings include the following neck injury treatments:
Your spine runs from your neck all the way down to your buttocks. It consists of many small moving parts. If even one of those parts moves out of place, you could experience pain. Chiropractic adjustments help “nudge” misaligned parts back where they belong.
Mayo Clinic states that chiropractic adjustments are a safe, potentially effective treatment option if:
- You do not have any contraindicative conditions, such as certain cancers.
- The chiropractor performing the treatment has the proper certificates and training.
- You know what to expect going in—this is not a “miracle” cure, but rather part of an overall treatment plan designed to help you feel better.
The doctors at Naples Community Injury Center have all of the necessary qualifications to provide clients with chiropractic adjustments wherever they may need them, from the neck to the extremities and more.
If you have sprained or strained a muscle in your neck, massage is a gentle way to relieve symptoms and promote healing—and it feels good, too.
Our team will select which type of massage to use based on the type of injury you sustained and what symptoms you experience. Just like with all of our other treatments, our massage therapy is thoroughly customizable.
Applying heat or cold packs to an injury site is a common form of treatment. For you to feel its full benefits, however, you have to know:
- Whether to apply heat or cold
- When and where to apply the packs
- How long to apply the packs
We can apply the packs for you or tell you how to apply them at home. This may not address your pain’s root cause, but it can relieve symptoms as you undergo other treatments.
Neck injuries can rob you of the flexibility and range of motion you once took for granted. In physical therapy, we assign stretches and strength-building exercises to get you back to where you were before.
When we first teach you these exercises, we may recommend that you only do them with our supervision. Once you get the hang of them, you can do them at home by yourself. Make sure to ask us before trying any exercise or stretch on your own.
In cases involving severe injuries, you may need to be immobilized for an extended period of time, or you may have to undergo surgery. Either way, once treatment is over, you will have to start gently but steadily working to regain lost strength.
The goal of rehabilitative therapy is similar to that of physical therapy: to help you move around as you did before the neck injury. However, rehabilitation assumes you start from a much weaker position. This means:
- We begin with much gentler exercises, some of which barely require you to move at all.
- You can “graduate” to physical therapy once you have completed your rehabilitative therapy.
- We can work with your other treating physicians if you are working to recover from surgery or another radical treatment.
If Your Neck Injury Requires Other Treatments
Chiropractic care and physiotherapy are both safe treatment options that offer relief to many patients. However, they are not right for every patient or for every medical condition. For example:
- Cleveland Clinic states that chiropractic adjustments may “in rare cases” increase the patient’s risk of stroke, especially if the chiropractor is unqualified. If you have already suffered a stroke, this treatment may not be right for you.
- If you suffered a severe bone fracture, you may require surgical intervention to prevent serious, lifelong symptoms and disability.
- If you have already undergone a similar chiropractic treatment plan with no results, you may have to try something else.
Our Marco Island team has all of the training and experience necessary to diagnose your neck injury and apply the appropriate chiropractic treatments. If chiropractic care is not appropriate to your case or if you need treatments in addition to chiropractic care, we can:
- Contact your other physicians to get a better understanding of your case
- Coordinate your care with your other physicians
- Keep you informed of your condition and treatment options so you can make the decision that is right for you
What Caused Your Neck Injury?
In some cases, you may know right away why your neck hurts. This may happen if you:
- Suffer an acute injury: For example, after a fall or a car accident, you may experience neck pain where you have never felt any before. You, therefore, know that the accident did something to cause you pain.
- Have received a formal diagnosis: If a doctor has said you have osteoporosis or another condition, you may not be surprised when you start exhibiting additional symptoms.
- Use that area a lot: Some professions require you to do a lot of twisting and turning or to crane your neck in unnatural positions. The more strain you put on your neck, the more likely you are to hurt a muscle or cause another injury.
On the other hand, you could sustain a neck injury without knowing it: maybe you were too distracted by other accident injuries to notice your neck pain, or maybe you have not received any diagnosis from your regular doctor.
Either way, Naples Community Injury Center would like to help. We have treated patients with a wide range of neck injuries, and now we would like to treat you too.
When Should You Begin Neck Injury Treatment?
We recommend that you contact us as soon as you realize you might have suffered an injury, even if your symptoms are mild or nonexistent. This is because:
- Symptoms can quickly worsen if the injury is left untreated.
- Starting treatment sooner can allow us to treat your symptoms faster and more completely than if you start later.
- You may have other injuries you do not know about, and this could pose a health risk if you do not address them.
That said, we understand that not everyone can come in for treatment immediately after an injury or diagnosis. Know that we can still treat you, even if you have been in pain for weeks, months, or longer.
Neck Injuries Can Affect Other Body Parts
Even if you do not feel a lot (or any) pain in your neck, you may still have a neck injury if you feel pain elsewhere. For example, headaches frequently accompany neck injuries. In this case, you may assume something is wrong with your head, when the problem really lies in your neck.
This is why Naples Community Injury Center works so hard to properly diagnose our patients before embarking on any treatment. We want to make absolutely sure that the treatment we apply:
- Will help you feel better
- Will not interfere with other treatments you are receiving
- Will not make your other conditions worse
In addition, our diagnostic methods can rule out and/or uncover other potential sources of pain. If we find other conditions or injuries that are contributing to your symptoms, we would gladly:
- Share our findings with you
- Suggest a treatment plan for those conditions, if we can
- Recommend other medical specialists who may be able to help you, if necessary
Our Treatments Can Help Prevent Neck Injuries
This is especially true if repetitive or unhealthy movements caused your neck injury. Unlike other treatments, like medication, our treatments reach right to the source of your pain by:
- Identifying the types of movements that caused the injury in the first place
- Teaching you stretches and exercises that you can do for the rest of your life to keep the area strong and healthy
- Teaching you other lifestyle changes that could reduce the risk of further injuries (e.g., how often to take breaks from harmful activities)
If a chronic condition (e.g., arthritis or scoliosis) caused your neck pain, we can work to slow the disease’s progression through these same methods.
We Treat More Than Neck Injuries
At Naples Community Injury Center, patients come to us for help with various health issues, including:
- Spine and back injuries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
We help patients of all ages, health conditions, and occupations reach all kinds of goals. If you are in pain, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Explore Your Marco Island Neck Injury Treatment Options
The team at Naples Community Injury Center wants to help you recover as much as possible from your neck injury. We offer a wide range of treatments to help our Marco Island patients take back control of their lives. Dial (239) 631-5445 when you are ready to start feeling better.