Chiropractors offer a range of services that aim to treat various conditions, from musculoskeletal disorders to accident-related injuries. For instance, physiotherapy aims to alleviate pain and inflammation using stretches, light exercise, and massages. Chiropractic adjustments focus more on aligning the bones in the neck and spine.
The team at Naples Community Injury Center knows that there isn’t a one-size-fits-all treatment plan. Each patient requires their own regimen that focuses on their unique condition. Whether you’re looking for relief from a broken bone or pulled muscle, we’re here to help. Call (239) 631-5445 to schedule your first appointment.
The Services That Chiropractors Provide
After reviewing your medical history, assessing your condition, and learning about your healthcare goals, your chiropractor will design a customized treatment plan with your needs in mind. This plan may include one or a combination of the following treatments:
Many people know physiotherapy as physical therapy. This comprises:
- Hot-and-cold compresses. To reduce inflammation in the immediate aftermath of a soft-tissue injury, your chiropractor may use a hot-and-cold compress. This aims to reduce discomfort and promote healing.
- Electrical stimulation (ES). If you have a wound, your chiropractor may place electrodes around the affected area. Then, they will deliver a painless magnetic pulse into the affected tissue. Your doctor will reevaluate your progress and make adjustments as needed.
- Gait training. This is an ideal therapy for those who have suffered a stroke. It focuses on mitigating pain, restoring your balance, and building muscle.
- Resistance training. Using resistance bands, your chiropractor will guide you through some exercises that build muscle mass. You may benefit from this treatment plan if you have back pain or arthritis.
As noted, your chiropractor may also include massages as part of your treatment plan. This service does more than relax you; it increases your range of motion, creates space between your joints, and relieves tension.
Chiropractic adjustments comprise many techniques that focus on alleviating back, neck, and spinal pain. During treatment, your chiropractor will deliver controlled thrusts to the affected area, either using a tool or their hands. When receiving these treatments, you may lie down on your stomach or in a specialized chair.
Here are some important things to know about chiropractic adjustments:
- Chiropractic adjustments aren’t pseudoscience; they work. In fact, the Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary & Alternative Medicine notes that when combined with strength training, chiropractic adjustments are shown to improve conditions like whiplash.
- You may feel slight pain in the days following your first treatment, and that’s okay. If you’re ever in extreme discomfort, your chiropractor may prescribe medications or otherwise alter your treatment plan.
- Chiropractic adjustments aren’t one-time deals. You may have to attend follow-up appointments to maintain your progress.
Chiropractic adjustments are safe, proven methods that people have turned to for centuries. When you undergo chiropractic care, you can rest assured knowing that you’re getting treatment from a professional with your best interests at heart.
What Conditions Do Chiropractors Treat?
Contrary to what popular media suggests, chiropractors don’t solely focus on the back and spinal cord. They also render treatment that betters the hands, wrists, knees, ankles, and jaw. Some conditions that could benefit from chiropractic care include:
- Carpal tunnel
- Herniated discs
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
We also offer care to those in the aftermath of strokes or other movement-related conditions.
What Causes Some Conditions That Need Chiropractic Care?
Some people come to Naples Community Injury Center following acute conditions caused by assaults, car accidents, and falls. Yet, we also help people who have developed conditions resulting from aging or autoimmune disorders, such as arthritis or osteoporosis.
You don’t necessarily have to know the cause of your pain or discomfort to seek chiropractic help. Even if you wake up one morning feeling less than your best, you could benefit from the services a chiropractor provides.
Your Healthcare Team May Suggest Lifestyle Changes
The services a chiropractor provides aim to promote your entire well-being, not just the condition you have right now. As such, after evaluating your health profile, they may recommend:
- Quitting smoking. Smoking, including vaping, limits how much oxygen gets to your red blood cells. This prevents your body from healing as quickly as it should.
- Limiting your alcohol intake. Heavy drinking can hinder your balance and coordination, which can cause injuries or exacerbate your symptoms further.
- Losing weight. The less weight that’s on your bones, the less pain you’re likely to feel after suffering a serious injury.
- Exercising. Exercising doesn’t mean hitting the gym seven days a week. Based on your age and mobility, even a few walks around the block could work wonders for your health.
What Can You Expect When You Visit a Chiropractor?
When you visit a chiropractor, they’ll first ask for some basic information, including details about your condition. The information you provide will serve as the basis of the treatment you receive later. Your chiropractor may order imaging scans, such as X-rays, to further assess your condition.
After meeting with you, reviewing your care goals, and listening to your story, your chiropractor will start administering treatment. How long this lasts depends on your condition and your body’s response to treatment. Throughout your partnership, your healthcare team will make changes as needed to help you reach maximum medical improvement.
Schedule Your First Appointment With Naples Community Injury Center
Our healthcare team has decades of combined experience helping patients get back on their feet. When you visit our facility, you won’t feel like you’re walking into a doctor’s office. Instead, you’ll feel like you’re meeting with old friends. We take your health just as seriously as we take our own.
Our team can schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience. We work around your schedule, so you don’t have to make big sacrifices to get help. To connect with our team, dial (239) 631-5445. The sooner you connect with us, the sooner we can start helping you.